TechEd OSP309 Session bugs and fixes (CRM Connector bdcm)

I am working on the Enterprise Search so recently I got the requirement that I need to crawl the data from the CRM 2011. So for that I need to create the BDCM file. I goggled it and finally got the post on the MSDN “Source Code from my TechEd OSP309 Session” and start working on it. I did all the steps then I got the nasty error.



Tried to degug the code the inner exception was “Error: An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party”.

  • “An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party”. 

    • To solve the error I did the following steps. 
    • Download the latest CRM SDK from the MSDN. 
    • Add the latest Reference of the following 
      • microsoft.xrm.sdk.dll
      • microsoft.crm.sdk.proxy.dll
    • Change the code of the function “Util_CreateOrganizationService” having a file name EntityServices.cs (At the end of this post you will find the updated code). Project name”CRMEntityService”.
    • Rebuild the code and redeploy the dll to the GAC.

  • systemUtilityTypeName Error was encountered at or just before Line: '40' and Position: '20'. 

    • Solution to this problem: I deploy the “CRMEntityService.SharePoint.Connector.dll” to the GAC 

    • Solution to this problem: Added new project called “CreateCRM2011Device”. This automatically generates the Device ID and password. (Updated code attached at the end of this post). "Create CRM 2011 Beta Device"

    • Solution to this problem: added the following line to the following file (Project name: “CRMEntityService.SharePoint.CRMBCSUtil”) 
      • <Property Name="ShowInSearchUI" Type="System.String"></Property> (File: BdcmBase.xml Line: 23)
      • <Property Name="RootFinder" Type="System.String"></Property>(File: BdcmEntity.xml line 72)

  • Entity xy does not contain attribute StateCode.

    •  I am unable to get the data from the system entities like “systemuser” and “roles” because statecode not available most of the entities.
    • I have remove the condition from the EntityService.cs file line number: 147
To do the above fixes I am able to get back the data from CRM 2012 and able crawl CRM Data. Updated code coming soon.



Popular posts from this blog

SharePoint RPC Protocols Examples Using OWSSVR.DLL

SharePoint 2016 JavaScript framework

STS CryptographicException Error : Key set does not exist