SharePoint Search - Basic Troubleshoot steps
Basic Search Troubleshoot steps
- Crawled account having full read access to your content data base.
- Include and exclude rule must be in a correct order. Exclude rule fist then include rule.
- Make sure you have added your Crawl URL into your proxy.
- Make sure you have added entry (IP Address and URL) to host file. All the SharePoint crawl components.
- Check reboot.txt file restricts access to your site by search engine robots that crawl the web.
- SharePoint sites are crawled by using a special protocol. Select this option if you want SharePoint sites to be crawled as HTTP pages.
- Item permissions are not stored.
Some of the common Error
- Object Not found
- Access denied