SharePoint 2010 data structures.
SharePoint provide services for data and contents.
1. You can define a data model using SharePoint data structures such as lists and content types.2. Manipulation
2. You can define a data model in an external data source, such as a relational database, and then create a set of external content types to expose the data to SharePoint through the Business Connectivity Services (BCS) component. Alternatively, you could create a Web service to wrap the data source and create your external content types from the Web service.
3. You can create a set of external content types to model and integrate an existing data source, such as a database, a Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) service, or a .NET type, to expose the data to SharePoint through the BCS.
1. SharePoint 2010 using server and client object model and the differences of using different model to query your data. Also, Using LINQ is one of the most favorite features for .NET developers in SharePoint 20103. Storage.
1. Windows File systemNote: Storage details are invisible for the users and abstract for the developer.
2. SQL Server
API’s for working with data.
1. CAML (Collaborative Application Markup Language): Collaborative Application Markup Language (CAML) is the XML-based language that is used to build and customize Web sites based on SharePoint™ Team Services from Microsoft.
a. CAML can be used to do the following:2. Managed code via Microsoft.SharePoint.dll
b. Provide schema definition to the Web site provisioning system about how the site looks and acts.
c. Define views and forms for data and page rendering or execution.
d. Act as a rendering language that performs functions in the DLL like pulling a value from a particular
e. Provide batch functionality for posting multiple commands to the server using protocol.
SharePoint Classes name start with SP. Following the list of classes are.
3. Client libraries.
Following two Client .dll used
Name of the client libraries classes are same as the SharePoint Managed code library but here is a slit diff. Name not staring with SP. Following the list of the classes are
4. Various web Services(SOAP, WCF, REST)
- SOAP services
- http://Server_Name/Subsite_Name/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx (Under _vit_bin foder)
- http:// MyServer:Port_Number/_vti_adm/Admin.asmx (Admin services under _vti_admin)
- WFC Services
ex. http://sp2010/_vti_bin/ListData.svc/TasksAPI's Supports
- Deployment of data and contents
- Definition and management of data structure.
- Definition and Data Structure of data Store.
- Retrieval and management of data and contents.