SharePoint 2013 Error: Search has encountered a problem that prevents results from being returned

Week ago I had encountered the most common issue “Search has encountered a problem that prevents results from being returned”. I had searched lots of article and find diff-2 solutions.

1. Reset the Index
2. Custom Search Property not configured properly.
3. Search Index is degraded : Recreate the search service application from Central Administration

In my case, I had a search page, where I had configured the content search web part and core result web part. Only my Search result web part was throwing error “Search has encountered a problem that prevents results from being returned” other webpart i.e. content search webpart was working fine.

In my content search web part, I was using custom template and custom Managed Properties, so the first question comes in my mind. Was this related to the OOB MP issue?

To make 100% sure about this, I need some proof, for this I had create one custom template and apply the same template in search result web part and I used the same properties that I used in for content search web part.

So the conclusion of this test, the results render as expected without error. Now I had to check the OOB MP. After analysis more on this I finally found that accidentally I modified the Description and Keywords property & confirm the same with other Search service application.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SharePoint RPC Protocols Examples Using OWSSVR.DLL

Types of Features in SharePoint 2013

STS CryptographicException Error : Key set does not exist